User not found

Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
DanajustDana
Treasure Hunting
Anyone into metal detecting, I have an Ace 250, & a White MXT, I do quite well with them.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
DanajustDana
It's also something you can do in the nude!

If this reply breaks our rules please 
imalilhothead
I've never tried it but would love to!!!

Bought my kid one for Xmas one year...she had a blast with it..spent hours outside going over our whole yard smile Of course there wasn't anything so I had to finally bury some coin just so she'd have something to find grin

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
Seems you need expensive equipment and the right place to do it..

DanajustDana
Actually, in a bad economy, the equipment can be bought very cheap online, & there is alway's a place to hunt, beach's, park's, fairground's, any place where people congregate. I recently dug up an antique wedding ring, I cleaned it, & had it appraised, value $14,000.00. I sold it to him for $8500.00.00 wholesale. Not a bad afternoon. thumbup

imalilhothead
Whoa that is freaking awesome Terrid...what a find w00t w00t thumbup

DanajustDana
We had a really good summer, found several gold coins, including a cache of 43 gold coins, & severaal ring's. Meteorite's pay anywhere from $5.00 to $50.00 a gram, & I have close to 2 lbs. of that I've yet to unload.

Forum Level:
I post, a LOT
I always wanted a metal detector. Considering my house has been standing for over 80 years, I could probably find some cool stuff buried here in my yard w00t

DanajustDana
My house was built in 1857, John Cameron Swayze used to live here, (whoever the fuck he is), I've found a few thing's in the yard that fall under the category of relic's, nothing valuable, but interesting, & sometime's historical.

mr richard glass
I do archeology, it's like a paid treasure hunt where we don't get to keep the treasure. It's all done to record and provenanace the artifacts for future study. I understand the allure of digging for treasure, but, any artifacts found shoud be recorded as to exactly where and how deep they were found and reported the your state archeologist. They could indicate an important site. Have fun!

DanajustDana
That's right, state law's are very important, I routinely go on dig's with an archaeolgist, alway's interesting, & educational.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Terrid,

What's a decent detector to get? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, as I don't have a lot to spend, LOL.

Our lot was once part of the county "poor farm" and before that, part of a farm owned by a semi famous Civil War general. His mansion sits directly across the street from our house.

I've always been curious as to what we might find in our yard. thumbup1

DanajustDana
Try the Garrett Ace 250, it can be bought online, with acessories, for right around $200.00. I think paid around $350.00 for the White MXT. They both work real well.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
heart thinking about getting a metal detector , I collect old U.S. COINS , complete jefferson nickels 38-now , Ike dollars 71-78 , Indian head cent , statehood quarters 99-09 , native american dollars 00-11 , lincoln cent 1909 - 2011 ,buffalo nickels , presidental dollars , roosevelt dime 46-11, and parks quarters. So a metal detector would be very helpful , I've found some old coins w/out detector. so i'm ready to invest it one soon thumbup1

DanajustDana
I found a cache of gold coin's last summer, as soon it warm's up, I'm gonna' hit this area again as I didn't cover it all last time.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
terrid53 said: My house was built in 1857, John Cameron Swayze used to live here, (whoever the fuck he is), I've found a few thing's in the yard that fall under the category of relic's, nothing valuable, but interesting, & sometime's historical.

Terrid, meet John Cameron Swayze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLE9OaO7fRs

Sorry for interupting the thread.

DanajustDana
Yes, I was vaguely familiar with him, just didn't consider it a selling point when I bought, nor a selling point now that I'm selling.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Largestr of the old Garrets, a Whites 6000 I think it is and a Minelab Xtreme - with the last one my son gets a good $100 per hour in gold on our own place...best is about $1500NZ in thirty minutes.

DanajustDana
I just ordered a new one yesterday, the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, it has the ability to penetrate through heavily mineralized soils to find nuggets, even ore vein, I'll write another post once I get a chance to put it to the test.

mr richard glass
Archeology dig season approaches. In a few weeks I'll be out in the field screening hole after hole of dirt in search of the ellusive flake, tool, or firepit from prehistoric native american culture. I'll let you know if we find anything cool...

DanajustDana

Sounds like a plan good luck.

DanajustDana

LOL LOL

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Using my metal detector my son has been averaging half an ounce of gold a day - hes doing better than a full time job! Last time out was for 21 grammes.

el_jefe_de_jefes
hey kiwi.....
thats nothing amigo... we pull that much out of one cartel bandito's mouth in one torture session!!! thumbup thumbup

DanajustDana
Great Day...........

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...................... bounce

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I use a bounty hunter for MD but ialso gold pan, I have never found gold ore with a MD but I have hound old coins panning, Go figure LOL

Forum Level:
Just getting started
i love it and can't get enough swinging in. i have about 7 detectors including a deus & etrac.

Bendalong
a guy found a massive gold nugget in australia last week using a metal detector.
i've only ever panned for gold. love to have a metal detector -- but worried i'd just end up being one of the weirdos on the beach looking for lost 20 cent coins.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
There's nothing better than a good swinging session raspberry

Forum Level:
Just getting started
wow sounds great
sounds like you have a great time I have a time ranger bounty hunter never get to use it much.i wish there wee more places around here close by to go use it tried it on the beach a few times just junk there

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.45 seconds