Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
Woke
If you’re ever “accused” of being “woke” by somebody, remember, the synonyms of woke are: arise, awake, awaken, call, get up, nudge, prod, rise, rise and shine, rouse, shake, stir, stretch, turn out, bestir, bring to life, come to, roll out, wake up, open one's eyes. Take it as a compliment and realise that it probably means they are asleep. 😉

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
That's the most woke thing LGBTQ+ added another letter.

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
If you're not woke, you're asleep.

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
I awoke one morning and looking out of the window, I noticed that all the passersby were looking into their zombie mobile cell phones..
Had they awakened or had they just awoken
eek

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
And then, you know, there's Piers...
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Woke will get us all killed just like it did in 1914 and 1939 but those of you into keep pushing the communism behind it as when you are dead the rest of us will be living without being woke.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
PhallicSupermacyOne said: Woke will get us all killed just like it did in 1914 and 1939 but those of you into keep pushing the communism behind it as when you are dead the rest of us will be living without being woke.

LOL LOL LOL LOL And what is your definition of "woke"? Everybody has one, everybody's definition of this latest idiotic scare word is different. Is it something only "libtards" and "RINOs" are? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
clittylicker said:
PhallicSupermacyOne said: Woke will get us all killed just like it did in 1914 and 1939 but those of you into keep pushing the communism behind it as when you are dead the rest of us will be living without being woke.

LOL LOL LOL LOL And what is your definition of "woke"? Everybody has one, everybody's definition of this latest idiotic scare word is different. Is it something only "libtards" and "RINOs" are? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Well a RINO is a Republican In Name Only, they are not necessarily the ''wokes''. But you would likely find more ''wokes'' on the side of the liberals and Democrats than the conservatives and Republicans.

Change my mind.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:

Well a RINO is a Republican In Name Only, they are not necessarily the ''wokes''. But you would likely find more ''wokes'' on the side of the liberals and Democrats than the conservatives and Republicans.

Change my mind.

Yes, a RINO is a Republican In Name Only. People like the clown who invented the term, who has frequently changed his party affiliation to suit his immediate needs and ambitions. He is obviously currently a Republican in name only, just as he was a Democrat in name only and a Reformist in name only at various times in the past. I guess that makes him currently "unwoke" (until he changes his party affiliation yet again), which means he and his acolytes don't conform to any of the synonyms I quoted.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:

Change my mind.

Yes, a RINO is a Republican In Name Only. People like the clown who invented the term, who has frequently changed his party affiliation to suit his immediate needs and ambitions. He is obviously currently a Republican in name only, just as he was a Democrat in name only and a Reformist in name only at various times in the past. I guess that makes him currently "unwoke" (until he changes his party affiliation yet again), which means he and his acolytes don't conform to any of the synonyms I quoted.

Well RINO the acronym, that's been around for decades. Don't know who you are calling ''the clown who invented'' it. ''Republican in name only'' is an even older expression.

But what is wokeism? Or is it wokism? What is it more than humanism already was?

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
"But what is wokeism? Or is it wokism? What is it more than humanism already was?"

Exactly! Some people seem to think that referring to others as "woke" means they are somehow insulting or demeaning them. I showed how ridiculous that is by pointing out the synonyms of the word. Nobody seems to be able to give a consistent or logical definition of the word that should be considered bad. That is the whole point of this post - anybody calling you "woke" is in fact, knowingly or unknowingly, complimenting you.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
"Well RINO the acronym, that's been around for decades. Don't know who you are calling ''the clown who invented'' it. ''Republican in name only'' is an even older expression." Thank you for that snippet of information. I wasn't aware that it had been used for so long. It was certainly revived and made currently popular by a recently deposed US President who has frequently swapped and changed his party affiliation and who is himself, by definition, a RINO.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
my straight, bi, lesbian and trans friend say im not woke
im just my nutty self

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
clittylicker said: "But what is wokeism? Or is it wokism? What is it more than humanism already was?"

Exactly! Some people seem to think that referring to others as "woke" means they are somehow insulting or demeaning them. I showed how ridiculous that is by pointing out the synonyms of the word. Nobody seems to be able to give a consistent or logical definition of the word that should be considered bad. That is the whole point of this post - anybody calling you "woke" is in fact, knowingly or unknowingly, complimenting you.

Yet some will say that wokeism promotes communism, and communism never made people happy anywhere. Are they wrong?

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said: "But what is wokeism? Or is it wokism? What is it more than humanism already was?"

Yet some will say that Dee Williams, and communism never made people happy anywhere. Are they wrong?

"Some will say" absolutely anything that comes into their heads. I really don't know what "Dee Williams and communism never made people happy anywhere" means in the context of defining "woke". If Dee Williams is woke, I really don't have a clue whether or not he/she is also a communist or whether or not he/she ever made anybody happy. Firstly I think you should explain who or what a Dee Williams is, and, assuming it's a person, please explain what it is that makes he/she "woke".

Forum Level:
A Thinker
I saw something pop up in my notifications, so popped in, then did a Google and found this.

https://diversity.social/wokeism-woke-culture/

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:

Yet some will say that Dee Williams, and communism never made people happy anywhere. Are they wrong?

"Some will say" absolutely anything that comes into their heads. I really don't know what "Dee Williams and communism never made people happy anywhere" means in the context of defining "woke". If Dee Williams is woke, I really don't have a clue whether or not he/she is also a communist or whether or not he/she ever made anybody happy. Firstly I think you should explain who or what a Dee Williams is, and, assuming it's a person, please explain what it is that makes he/she "woke".

Err, everything ok there? Check my original reply, I did not mention Dee Williams. No idea who Dee Williams is anyhow.

Well somebody has hacked your account - Maybe it was Dee Williams? This is what was posted: "Yet some will say that Dee Williams, and communism never made people happy anywhere. Are they wrong?"

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:

Err, everything ok there? Check my original reply, I did not mention Dee Williams. No idea who Dee Williams is anyhow.

Well somebody has hacked your account - Maybe it was Dee Williams? This is what was posted: "Yet some will say that Dee Williams, and communism never made people happy anywhere. Are they wrong?"

Clitty, this is a screenshot of what I posted:

And it is the exact same thing as my screenshot, that I am seeing as my original reply.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:

And it is the exact same thing as my screenshot, that I am seeing as my original reply.

That reply is different to the post (under your name) that I replied to. If you didn’t post the Dee Williams” nonsense, somebody else posted it for you or altered/deleted that post after I replied to it.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
The fact that leftist activists decided to use the past tense of the verb "wake" improperly shows just how far literacy has fallen.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
milfchaser said: The fact that leftist activists decided to use the past tense of the verb "wake" improperly shows just how far literacy has fallen.

Which “leftist” used the term? The most common use of the term seems to be from those on the right of the political spectrum using it as some sort of insult without ever explaining what it is supposed to mean!

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
clittylicker said:
milfchaser said: The fact that leftist activists decided to use the past tense of the verb "wake" improperly shows just how far literacy has fallen.

Which “leftist” used the term? The most common use of the term seems to be from those on the right of the political spectrum using it as some sort of insult without ever explaining what it is supposed to mean!

Every leftist in America. They used it on social media and in the leftist press for at least a couple years before the righties began to get all strung out over it.

Ya gotta get with the picture CL, you follow US media fairly well. You should know this.

Either way, it's bad grammar, but slang usually is. The term will fade away in another couple of years.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
milfchaser said:
clittylicker said:

Every leftist in America. They used it on social media and in the leftist press for at least a couple years before the righties began to get all strung out over it.

Ya gotta get with the picture CL, you follow US media fairly well. You should know this.

Either way, it's bad grammar, but slang usually is. The term will fade away in another couple of years.

Wherever it came from, nobody who uses the term nowadays seems to be able to come up with a definition for it, which is the whole point of this post. - right wing antagonists like to use it as an insult or a derogatory term and yet, even now, despite several people answering the post, nobody has offered anything by way of an alternative to the synonyms I have given, most of which could not be described as bad or insulting. In fact, we had somebody going completely off the rails with an idiotic suggestion that communists (and somehow by association, "wokeists" ) started the second world war. Just to clarify that point, the war was started by the violent expansionist actions of a right wing nationalist lunatic named Adolf Hitler, the farthest thing you could imagine from a communist.

You're right of course, it is bad grammar that seems to have become popular with the uneducated.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said:
MitchandDaisy said:

That reply is different to the post (under your name) that I replied to. If you didn’t post the Dee Williams” nonsense, somebody else posted it for you or altered/deleted that post after I replied to it.

Clitty, my post from Feb.6, 23:00,15 is very clear. There is no mention of Dee Williams. The only time Dee Williams appears is when you reply. My account was not hacked. In fact, it is very easy for a member to change the words of another member when replying. Watch, I will do it in my next reply. But it is not something we want to start doing, is it?

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
clittylicker said: Hi, my name is Clittylicker, and I am eating a rutabaga.

Hi Clittylicker, sounds nice. But what does eating a rutabaga have to do with your woke thread?

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
MitchandDaisy said:
clittylicker said: Hi, my name is Clittylicker, and I am eating a rutabaga.

Hi Clittylicker, sounds nice. But what does eating a rutabaga have to do with your woke thread?

Now you're just being ridiculous. If you don't believe what I said earlier, just ask NN himself, or one of the many other NNers who saw the post before it was changed. It would be so easy to just confirm it instead of getting in a huff and dismissing the truth. I don't know whether you are lying and changed your post after I replied, whether somebody else changed it or whether your account has indeed been hacked, Maybe there is yet another explanation, but I DID NOT change the post, merely replied to what was there.

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.52 seconds