Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
The jury system in the US
It's nice to see that amid the current political shit show that is going on in the United States, one thing continues to deliver results...............THE JURY SYSTEM!!

There have been 3 huge jury trials recently. All three of which, in my opinion, made the correct decision.

The Kyle Rittenhouse trial.
The Ahmaud Arbery case
The Jussie Smollett trial

The best part out of all 3 of these cases is the fact that Smollett made history by being the 1st person to be charged, tried and convicted of beating himself up. LOL

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
America’s Criminal Justice System Is Rotten to the Core

https://www.cato.org/blog/americas-criminal-justice-system-rotten-core

The USA, land of the free...except it isn't, the US Has more people incarcerated than any nation on earth...

rolleyes

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Two out of three ain't bad but we could do better. And I agree with TopCat, our system as a whole is fucked.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
TopCat57 said: America’s Criminal Justice System Is Rotten to the Core

The USA, land of the free...except it isn't, the US Has more people incarcerated than any nation on earth...

rolleyes

Say what you will. Being judged by a jury of your peers is far better than most other systems in my opinion.

Your link is an opinion peace in itself. I dont agree with it and believe that the jurys nailed all 3 of these cases.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I don't support vigilantism, especially from a punk kid that hits girls and had no business being there in the first place.
I think the best thing out of the three is those racist rednecks didn't get away with a hate crime. It happens way too much in this country.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Mr&MrsSmitten said: I don't support vigilantism, especially from a punk kid that hits girls and had no business being there in the first place.
I think the best thing out of the three is those racist rednecks didn't get away with a hate crime. It happens way too much in this country.

Hots girls? Huh?

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
ilovepussy said:
Mr&MrsSmitten said: I don't support vigilantism, especially from a punk kid that hits girls and had no business being there in the first place.

Hots girls? Huh?

And he DID have business being in Kenosha. He has family there.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
ilovepussy said:

Hots girls? Huh?

*hits girls

Sorry

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Well then he should have been home with his family and not in full gear ready to fucking kill people. Guilty, final answer 2c

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Mr&MrsSmitten said: Well then he should have been home with his family and not in full gear ready to fucking kill people. Guilty, final answer 2c

He was helping to scrub graffiti that protesters had left behind. He knew that they were violent so he decided to arm himself.

Did you know that this whole thing started with him stopping a burning, rolling garbage dumpster aimed at his grandparents gas station?

Probably not. sleep

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
ilovepussy said:
Mr&MrsSmitten said: Well then he should have been home with his family and not in full gear ready to fucking kill people. Guilty, final answer 2c

He was helping to scrub graffiti that protesters had left behind. He knew that they were violent so he decided to arm himself.

Did you know that this whole thing started with him stopping a burning, rolling garbage dumpster aimed at his grandparents gas station?

Probably not. sleep

And by "full gear"........do you mean a 100% legal firearm and a ball cap turned backwards?

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Ahhh Alternative Facts!

It’s been proven false over and over. You can choose which brush you want but your still painting a false narrative.

So tell me, are those the young man’s church clothes?

blink

residenttroll
here ye! hear ye! the court in session-the court in session now here cum the judge-here cum the judge. here cum the judge! here cum the judga, here cum the judge!..................... blink

residenttroll

he should have been exactly where he was. AM AMERICAN HERO! HOPE THERE IS MORE OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

residenttroll

He is an American citizen and can be where to hell ever he wants to be. He was legal and if the cops can`t do the job, American citizens will! It is becoming to be this way. It is We The People! Do you people really think that we are going to roll over as American citizens? hell no, we didn`t during the Revolutionary War and we will not start now. This is just the beginning. We are not commies in this country unlike the UK. He was in every bit of his rights. PERIOD! Anti Americans are going to burn down our buildings and riot in our streets we are beginning to start doing something about it. FUCK ANTIFA and FUCK the anti American democrats. PERIOD! So don`t sit in some other communist country and try to tell us in America what we have the right and not have the right to do. Mind your own freaking business and take care of your own deteriorating country, what is left of it. You are being taken over so pay attention.

residenttroll
TopCat57 said: America’s Criminal Justice System Is Rotten to the Core

rolleyes

blink blink blink blink blink blink blink

marriedbi52
ilovepussy said:
ilovepussy said:

Hots girls? Huh?

And he DID have business being in Kenosha. He has family there.

Was his family amongst the rioters? That's the only way he could be visiting them! Little punk ass wannabe looking for trouble!

marriedbi52
residenttroll said:

He is an American citizen and can be where to hell ever he wants to be. He was legal and if the cops can`t do the job, American citizens will! It is becoming to be this way. It is We The People! Do you people really think that we are going to roll over as American citizens? hell no, we didn`t during the Revolutionary War and we will not start now. This is just the beginning. We are not commies in this country unlike the UK. He was in every bit of his rights. PERIOD! Anti Americans are going to burn down our buildings and riot in our streets we are beginning to start doing something about it. FUCK ANTIFA and FUCK the anti American democrats. PERIOD! So don`t sit in some other communist country and try to tell us in America what we have the right and not have the right to do. Mind your own freaking business and take care of your own deteriorating country, what is left of it. You are being taken over so pay attention.

"Do you people really think that we are going to roll over as American citizens? hell no, we didn`t during the Revolutionary War and we will not start now." Do you clean your rose colored glasses often? We've "rolled over" in Korea, Cuba, Vietnam & Afghanistan! Learn the true history of America!

marriedbi52

thumbup1

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
residenttroll said:

Are you for real! rolleyes

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
TopCat57 said:
residenttroll said:

Are you for real! rolleyes

He can’t even read that I am an American.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Here are the top 10 lies the media told us about the Rittenhouse case. It's no wonder people think what they think about him. The media is complicit (along with President Biden) for labeling this young man a "white supremacist" before knowing the facts!!!!

https://nypost.com/2021/11/17/10-debunked-heinous-lies-about-kyle-rittenhouse-devine/

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
ilovepussy said: Here are the top 10 lies the media told us about the Rittenhouse case. It's no wonder people think what they think about him. The media is complicit (along with President Biden) for labeling this young man a "white supremacist" before knowing the facts!!!!

https://nypost.com/2021/11/17/10-debunked-heinous-lies-about-kyle-rittenhouse-devine/

Not read your link, because i'm just not interested, from my understanding a 17 year old child, yes child went to a skateboard fight armed with a lethal weapon, and if in your twisted mind that is ok it's no wonder I take everything you spout on here with derision, maybe he can get on with his life with a lesson well learned. I am so glad I live in a country where a child of 17 could never have access to a weapon as he did. You reap what you sow, the right to bear arms, means many more people will die needlessly.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
TopCat57 said:
ilovepussy said: Here are the top 10 lies the media told us about the Rittenhouse case. It's no wonder people think what they think about him. The media is complicit (along with President Biden) for labeling this young man a "white supremacist" before knowing the facts!!!!

Not read your link, because i'm just not interested, from my understanding a 17 year old child, yes child went to a skateboard fight armed with a lethal weapon, and if in your twisted mind that is ok it's no wonder I take everything you spout on here with derision, maybe he can get on with his life with a lesson well learned. I am so glad I live in a country where a child of 17 could never have access to a weapon as he did. You reap what you sow, the right to bear arms, means many more people will die needlessly.

I know you wont read the link. It contains what you dont want to know. THE TRUTH!!

Fact is, he didnt take a gun to a skateboard fight. If you would have followed the case like I did, you would know that one of the guys that Kyle shot aimed a pistol at his head!!

Was he suppose to wait for him to shoot him in the head or act in self defense?

I'd choose to protect myself.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
ilovepussy said:
TopCat57 said:

I know you wont read the link. It contains what you dont want to know. THE TRUTH!!

Fact is, he didnt take a gun to a skateboard fight. If you would have followed the case like I did, you would know that one of the guys that Kyle shot aimed a pistol at his head!!

Was he suppose to wait for him to shoot him in the head or act in self defense?

I'd choose to protect myself.

Your truth as you wish to interpret it or the real truth? Fact is...if guns were not so freely available in the US the most he might have got was a lump on his head from a skateboard, he is a child, and as such does not have the maturity to be able to carry such a weapon, let alone make a judgement call as he obviously has no experience, being a child, defend it all you like it was a clusterfuck and he should be very grateful he got off scot free, while those he shot..their families have to deal with their loss. Wild west US, yeehaaaaw.......I can has a gun and I can use it......pathetic..

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
"I'm so glad I live in a country where a child of 17 could never have access to a weapon as he did"

I know right?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7849385/london-police-drugs-guns-teenagers/

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
I notice what seems to be different rules in different States, in the U.S.A.
(not been there for a long time.)
I wonder if there is genuine confusion.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
Raven2005 said: I notice what seems to be different rules in different States, in the U.S.A.
(not been there for a long time.)
I wonder if there is genuine confusion.

It's called Federalism.

The only ones confused by that term are foreigners and many Democrats living here.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
ilovepussy said: "I'm so glad I live in a country where a child of 17 could never have access to a weapon as he did"

I know right?

rolleyes

That's London Ontario, in Canada, you know, that wonderful place north of you? You probably have no clue as you have never travelled, not London in the UK, when trying to make a point...do try harder rolleyes cool

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
TopCat57 said:
ilovepussy said: "I'm so glad I live in a country where a child of 17 could never have access to a weapon as he did"

I know right?

rolleyes

That's London Ontario, in Canada, you know, that wonderful place north of you? You probably have no clue as you have never travelled, not London in the UK, when trying to make a point...do try harder rolleyes cool

Good eye. Ya got me there. I missed that TINY fact. LOL

That being said. There is still tons of gun crimes in the UK. Might not be by minors, but the bulk of the gun issues in the states isn't committed by minors either.

As long as guns are at thing, they will be used to commit crime.

Oh, and did you forget about the 1981 incident where a 17 year old fired 6 blanks rounds from a .22 at Queen Elizabeth?

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
ilovepussy said:
TopCat57 said:

I know right?

rolleyes

Good eye. Ya got me there. I missed that TINY fact. LOL

That being said. There is still tons of gun crimes in the UK. Might not be by minors, but the bulk of the gun issues in the states isn't committed by minors either.

As long as guns are at thing, they will be used to commit crime.

Oh, and did you forget about the 1981 incident where a 17 year old fired 6 blanks rounds from a .22 at Queen Elizabeth?

OMG! You must have had to google hard to find a story where a 17 year old in 1981 (40 years ago)fired BLANK rounds towards (mind you, how do you know, as they were blank rounds they were towards towards the queen? As no projectile apart from sound and smoke) sounds like a starting pistol, so in effect, just noise. No matter which way you try and twist it, as the US has more guns than people, tragedies will ensue, a pissed off teenager with access to dad's guns....mayhem. I'm not gloating, I think each and every shooting, especially by youths is a tragedy, I just am glad that here in the UK, guns,and gun crime are relatively rare, long may it remain so. I hope you and yours are never put in a position where you might have to make that call, that would just never happen here. smile

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | webmasters | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.48 seconds